OCTOBER 15th: BLESSING OF THE FOUNDATION STONES OF THE UDUPI DIOCESAN PROJECTS
- Updated: October 13, 2015
# The Diocese of Udupi is completing three years of its Establishment and Installation of the first Bishop of Udupi on 15 October 2015. To mark these great and historical events, it is all geared to launch three major and urgently required projects which are: 1) Pastoral Centre 2) Home for Retired Priests, and, 3) Minor Seminary.
Most Rev. Dr Gerald Isaac Lobo, the first Bishop of Udupi will bless the foundation stones of these projects. Sri Vinay Kumar Sorake, Hon’ble Minister for Urban Development, Govt. of Karnataka & District Minister In- charge, and Sri Pramod Madhwaraj, Hon’ble MLA of Udupi will be present as Chief Guests. Also present will be Priests and Religious of the Diocese, Members of the Diocesan Pastoral Council, Vice Presidents and Secretaries of all the Parish Pastoral Councils of our parishes in Udupi Diocese.
About the Projects
1) Pastoral Center: This Centre will cater to the pastoral needs of the people of the Diocese of Udupi. The Centre will accommodate 18 Commissions of the Diocese (for ex. Commissions for Youth, Family, Women, Justice and Peace, Education, Health, Inter-religious Dialogue etc) which are directly involved in the pastoral care of the people of all age groups, through seminars, symposia and workshops. All 18 Commissions will have their offices in this Centre. Besides, the Centre will have two auditoriums and other related facilities required for seminars and other training programmes.
2) Home for Retired Priests: Diocesan priests who having rendered selfless and dedicated ministry and service throughout their priestly life deserve a Home without any anxiety, fear or worries as how to spend their retired life. It is an obligation on the part of the Bishop to provide them with a home so that these priests live in peace having been provided with basic needs and necessities. This project would accommodate 25 retired priests.
3) Minor Seminary: In order to carry forward the pastoral ministry in the Diocese of Udupi, it needs to train young men opting for priesthood. This place will invite aspirants for priestly life to come and see whether they could give themselves totally to the service of God and fellow human beings. Youngsters who stay here will also do their pre-university course. This place will accommodate around 25 students opting for priesthood.
The Blessing Ceremony will take place at 10 am on 15 October 2015 in the Diocesan land near Kinnimulky (location and route map given in the back page of the invite). Please do come.
– Most Rev. Dr Gerald I. Lobo, Bishop of Udupi.